In House Commercial Solicitor / Lawyer in West Yorkshire
I am looking for a In House Commercial Lawyer / Solicitor for a fantastic role in the West Yorkshire area.
I am looking for the following credentials:-
- Qualified solicitor.
- 2 - 4 years post qualification experience.
- 1 – 2 years in-house experience.
- A working knowledge of employment, consumer, corporate and commercial law.
- A legal generalist with capacity to adapt quickly to new fields of law/jurisdictions.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database systems.
- An ability to take instruction.
- An ability to build a rapport with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong communication skills to interact with commercial and operational teams.
- An ability to work well as part of a team.
- Strong intercultural competences to interact with a team of lawyers of different jurisdictions.
- An ability to work unsupervised using own initiative.
- An ability to fact find, research and present results, clear advice and solutions.
- Sound knowledge of intellectual property/R&D related matters.
Main areas of responsibility:-
As member of the In-House legal team you will ensure the prompt delivery of accurate legal advice and ongoing compliance and housekeeping in the fields of general corporate matters, employment, property, intellectual property, health & safety, data and information, various business areas including but not limited to manufacturing, consumer law, financial services, marketing and advertising, contract and general commercial law as well as brand protection and litigation related matters.
A general awareness of cross border legislation is also desirable. You will be the key contact for the drafting and review of the Groups contracts. You will also provide legal advice to the Group in relation to any consumer matters, claims and litigation matters in the concerned jurisdiction.
You will also be required to provide administrative support and manage ad-hoc projects across different areas of the business as the needs require and in-line with the Chairman’s direction.
You will be responsible for overseeing general office management including health & safety management and troubleshooting any issues that arise on a day to day basis.
You will also be responsible for all aspects of HR processes, policies and administration, including but not limited to the on-boarding and induction of new employees to the business and any employees leaving the business.
You will be responsible for sourcing, renewing and the ongoing management and updating all aspects of the company’s insurance policy.
You will be required to assist with brand protection policing various online platforms where intellectual property infringements occur.
You will be proactive and continually monitor areas across the business where process and / or procedure needs to be altered/adapted/modified in order to remain compliant and efficient.
You shall ensure implementation and continuous improvement of the business’ application of legal principles in all agreements and correspondence.
You shall provide ongoing training and updates to the teams across the business with legislation, compliance and process that impacts them.
This is a fantastic opportunity so please feel free to contact me for further information.
Posted 37 Days ago
by Richard Hudson (REF: 16469)